All FIZZ solutions include a wide array of analysis tools corresponding to the needs of most users: statistical tools, data analysis, and graphs.
The result files of the different FIZZ solutions are compatible.
All computations can be done directly after the data collection, without any preparation or data manipulation.
Main calculation tools included in FIZZ
- Descriptive statistics: mean, standard deviation, confidence interval, median, quartiles.
- Student T test.
- ANOVA (1 to 3 factors) with various multiple mean comparison tests.
- Non parametric tests: Wilcoxon, Mann-Withney, Kruskal-Wallis, Friedman, Page, McNemar,Cochran.
- Normality tests: Chi-Square, Kolmogorov-Smirnov.
- Difference tests: triangle, paired, Duo-Trio, two out of five, A - not A trials...
- Multivariate analyses: Principal Component Analysis, Factorial Correspondence Analysis, Discriminant Analysis.
- Internal and external preference mapping.
- Ascending Cluster Analysis.
- Multiple-choice questions.
- Time-Intensity curve analyses.
Main graphic tools included in FIZZ
- Profiles: spider, profile, 2D and 3D bar charts.
- Distribution: histogram, Gaussian curve, box-whisker plot.
- Individual scores compared to the group.
- Judges performance graphs
- Ranking: histograms of the ranks.
- Multiple-choice questions: bar charts, pie-charts.
- Multivariate analyses: correlation circles, plane of the individuals, BiPlot.
- Time-Intensity: individual and mean curves, graphic correction.
Powerful analyses adapted to the practise of sensory analysis.
Most computations accept missing data. FIZZ allows consolidating the results of a session used several times (for example for shelf-life), or computing them independently. It is easy to eliminate temporarily some data (tasters, descriptors, products) from the computation, and also to compute only data selected using multi-criteria filters. The handling of repetitions allows looking at individual answers or taking the mean of the taster for subsequent computations. The result tables may be copied and pasted as data for further analyses, either in FIZZ, or in other software packages.
The results (presented as tables) and the graphs may be printed directly. The copy/paste and file saving tools (RTF format for example) allow easy and fast transfer of result tables and graphs into other applications (word processor, spreadsheet...).
Your data need other analyses?
FIZZ includes several data exportation methods. You may export the results themselves but also how you obtained them (evaluation order, taster, date and time...). The exportation methods are fully customizable and may be totally automated. This allows the data to be used easily in other statistical packages.
And over time?
FIZZ includes a powerful database where you can record the results of your sessions and the related information. The integrated query definition tool allows extracting exactly the data you are interested in. You may for example follow the judge attendance or performance, or analyze the evolution of your products.
You wish to use FIZZ to compute other data.
FIZZ includes several data importation and manual data entry methods.